Disability Support Worker
Drake Medox is currently seeking highly experienced Youth/disability Worker for casual, part time, full time and on call positions supporting a range of clients with duel diagnosis disabilities in a forensic clinical setting. You will be working with a small close team supporting adults with complex behaviours.
About the role
Your role is to provide quality care, managing complex challenging behaviours in various 24/7 facilities. Daily duties includes social engagement, medication administration, personal care, following daily living skills program with a staffing ratio of 2/1.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this position you must have proven experience in managing clients with challenging behaviours and possess the necessary skills to divert and deescalate behaviours of concern.
Eligibility criteria for these roles are:
- Proven work experience with challenging behaviours
- Be available for full time hours on a 24/7 roster including evenings and weekends
- Current police clearance.
- Own reliable vehicle
- OCHER card
- Current senior first aid certificate
- Flexibility around work hours
- C Class manual driver’s license
- Relevant qualifications or proven extensive experience.
- Exceptional communication skills