Working in a commercial information services environment this team provides information through electronic service delivery. Due to current workloads there is a need for a Senior Software Developer (Java) to join the team on an 11-week contract.
As the Software Developer you will provide programming expertise for a range of systems used by this business unit on a statewide basis. Your role has a range of core responsibilities, these include:
- Perform the role of Technical Lead to assist state-wide business users to define their detailed requirements and work jointly with them to define, create and implement a working production system.
- Direct and undertake complex systems analysis, systems design (including contributing to architecture) and programming in relation to the development and maintenance of information brokerage systems.
- Provide effective and timely problem management and resolution in line with client service level agreements and business guidelines and specialist technical advice and consultancy services to internal and external clients, analysts and managers to deliver progressive and advanced software solutions that meet both business and technical requirements.
- Maintain working relationships with peers, clients and vendors to provide development services that meet customer service expectations.
- Establish, document and maintain a high level of software development standards and design procedures and ensure programs support applications in accordance with departmental standards, guidelines and methodologies.
- Demonstrate currency with emerging software development best practices, technologies and trends globally and whole of Government policies and standards relating to applications development.
Your suitability for this role will be assessed against how you:
- Develop software and enhance web environments. In particular, a high level of demonstrated working knowledge and experience in the following environments, languages and technologies is required:
- Demonstrated ability to analyse client and business requirements, resolve problems, make recommendations and implement changes resulting in improvements in delivery of the Customer Service Centre services and strategies.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in the following environments, languages and technologies will be highly regarded:
- SQL, JSON, XML, Oracle, Tuxedo, C, Agile Processes, Deployment Automation, Automation Testing (Junit, Selenium), Apache Tomcat, Apache httpd, Weblogic, Maven, SAML, OAuth, LDAP, OpenAM, OpenDJ, Mulesoft, and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate experience in providing advanced technical support including problem analysis, troubleshooting, applying updates and providing expert advice in a client focused environment for a range of applications.
- Develop innovative and effective solutions and plans that are suited to the business direction while managing performance and risk.
- Work collaboratively to agreed priorities and outcomes for software development within time constraints and maintain positive relationships with team members and clients in relation to software development.