Our client is a Local Government department that is responsible for providing essential local services such as maintaining of infrastructure, assessing development applications, collecting and recycling wastes and upkeeping parks, sporting venues, and community centres.
They are seeking a Human Resource Business Partner to work in the Workforce and Information Services division. The role works in collaboration with other division staff to evaluate and grow workforce management plans.
• Assist with the application and uphold effective workforce management practices in accordance with the departments policies and Code of Conduct.
• Provide answers relating to Human Resource Management queries.
• Contribute to effective workforce management.
• Provide advice and support to managers about workforce management.
• Assist with the expansion and application of workforce policies.
• Provide regular updates on workforce.
• Effectively manage salaries and wages with Finance Staff.
• Complete all tasks within the required timeframe and budget.
The ideal individual:
• Degree or diploma majoring in Human Resource Management.
• Proven experience working in Human Resource Management for large organisations.
• Effective written and oral communication, including the ability to negotiate and influence.
• Comprehensive understanding of human resource legislation and industrial framework.
• Innate step-by-step approach that allows you to break down complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
• Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work, Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.