A leading energy solutions business that is future focused with a commitment to energy and renewable projects across Australia is seeking a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor to support one major Solar Farm construction site based in the northern half of NSW.
Reporting into a Senior HSE professional on-site, you both will support the team and contractors planning and executing the various phases of the site. The main focus is on team collaboration, planning, and good communication.
The essence of the Field HSE Advisor role is to operationally support employees and contractors in maintaining a safe work environment on the Solar construction site. This is done through partnering with each step in the project, and supporting risk mitigation for major risks (eg high risk construction, trenching and excavation, high voltage, plant and equipment etc).
Ensure safe and sustainable delivery of work across a range of construction projects, including identifying hazards, risk assessments, reviewing JSA/SMWS, incident investigation, entering information into Safety Mgt System, Toolbox/pre-start meetings and more. You will also provide on-site training and coaching to project workers and contractors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a HSE professional who enjoys getting out on site and supporting the HSE function across all areas, working in collaboration with the on site HSE Advisor. This will require a dedicated and energetic individual who can partner well with the team, to work through various risks across this large construction site, and all phases.
The business shares a collaborative spirit and team player environment, with team members joining forces when needed to get the job done! If you are a great communicator and enjoy partnering with your team mates and working towards a common goal this is the perfect environment for you.
Skills and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of all HSE management aspects associated with construction work or similar high risk activities. Previous renewable experience will be highly regarded
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance issues with OHS/WHS legislation
- Experience working on site in project based roles will be advantageous
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, ability to get buy in from on site workers
- 3-5 years of experience working in the HSE sector
- Related WHS/OHS Qualification, Diploma preferred.