The seminar will focus on the following topics:
- Canadian residency for tax purposes
- Canadian filing and reporting requirements
- Tax planning for Canadian expats, either departing Canada or arriving in Canada
- Ownership of property in Canada and the tax implications for Canadian non-residents
- Tax implications for ownership of investments in Canada and abroad for Canadian non-residents
- Expatriate financial planning issues for former residents of Canada now resident in Australia such as untangling the RRSP tax time bomb
- AND Questions about other expatriate tax & financial planning issues will be answered
Please register at www.trowbridge.ca/events and indicate the event (city and time) you are interested in attending. Cost is FREE.
Dimitrios Zaravinos, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois)
Trowbridge Professional Corporation.
Dimitrios has over 18 years’ experience in providing companies with expatriate tax compliance and consulting solutions, advising on complex tax issues that arise from the global deployment of employees. He began his career in 1997 in the International Assignment Solutions group at PwC in Toronto before moving to the Global Employer Services group at Deloitte in 2006. He has recently moved to Trowbridge Professional Corporation working in the Expatriate tax group. During this time, he has also worked 6 years in Melbourne, Australia with PwC and Deloitte. He has expertise in Canadian, US and Australian tax and has advised on many technical issues including tax effective remuneration packaging, employee share plans, pensions, and tax equalization issues. He has also advised on and drafted expatriate policies for a number of multinational organisations.
Craig Lasby, BA, ADFS, CFP (Canada)
Prairie Heritage Wealth Management Pty Ltd.
Specialising in expatriate Canadian financial advice since the early 1990’s, Craig’s mission is to help ‘simplify and enhance the lives’ of Australian and expatriate Canadian clientele resident in Australia. Since 1990, he has been his client’s ‘Personal CFO’, continuing a client centric financial advice tradition dating back to the early 1950's when his father Percy began advising clients in Western Canada. Your values, and what is important about money to you, are the focus of Craig’s practice philosophy. It is the combination of this philosophy and his unique mix of international experience, financial sophistication and down-to-earth sensibilities that allow him to provide a safe harbour to clients in all things financial. Craig is a Canadian Certified Financial Planner and a current member of the Financial Planners Standards Council in Canada. He has a bachelor’s degree from Briercrest College in Saskatchewan and holds an Advanced Diploma of Financial Services in Australia.