The Statement of Work has been designed to provide:
• Practical experience in event planning and logistics and in the promotion of Canadian products at a trade show, and in assisting trade delegations on international visits;
• Work experience including intelligence gathering, research, analysis and report writing in relation to the Canadian agri-food sector;
• Insight into Australian-Canadian trade relations, not limited to the agri-food industry; and
• Practical work experience in the day-to-day operations of a Canadian mission abroad, including media monitoring, logistical tasks, security, event planning and execution and operations.
The Statement of Work includes the following:
1. FINE FOOD AUSTRALIA PLANNING AND LOGISTICS
• Attend the 2018 Fine Food Australia Trade Show in Melbourne and provide assistance as required to colleagues at the Show.
• Provide assistance to Canadian participants at the 2018 Fine Food Australia Trade Show in the period leading up to the Show, during the period of the Show and after the Show.
• Follow up tasks post show, e.g., leads and enquiries.
• Draft emails, prepare notes and liaise with the appropriate contacts to ensure that logistical and other issues associated with the attendance of Canadian participants at the 2018 Fine Food Australia Trade Show are resolved satisfactorily.
• Assist with research on issues associated with the 2018 Fine Food Australia Trade Show.
• Prepare draft reports and briefings, including to Canadian participants at the 2018 Fine Food Australia Trade Show, on issues associated with the Australian agri-food market and the Australian and Canadian agri-food industries.
2. OTHER TRADE TASKS
• Assist in researching and analyzing market access, trade and economic issues.
• Prepare draft reports, correspondence and briefings on issues.
• Assist Trade Commissioners in their trade promotion work.
• Other trade work as directed by Trade Commissioners.
3. GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
• Prepare correspondence on routine administrative matters.
• Arrange appointments for Commercial Section staff.
• Arrange hotel accommodation and transportation.
• Respond to enquiries and provide routine information.
• Assist with the organization of events.
• Other duties as required.